Monday, August 25, 2008

Drugs!

Hello all!

Well I have had my first trip to the pharmacy! Both Emma and Ava had terrible colds last week, hence the blog about our first Dr's visit, and I have been the lucky recipient of that cold! Today I felt like my head was going to explode and I could not stop sneezing and blowing my nose. So after a long day we arrive home around 5pm. We take the groceries upstairs and I tell the kids keep your shoes on we are going down to the pharmacy. (They have just opened a pharmacy in the bottom of our building.) So we head down on the elevator and we stop on one of the floors and a couple walks on, Emma proceeds to tell them that they have gotten me sick and we are going to get something to help my mom's head from hurting...they look at me with all 3 children and say "you poor thing", I tell them if I can't crawl in bed and go to sleep someone needs to give me drugs, so we are going to the pharmacy! They both laughed!

We walk into the pharmacy and the woman behind the counter immediately ask me what she can help me with and of course Emma pipes up, that they (the 3 girls) have all gotten me sick and can she give me anything to make me feel better. She starts asking me my symptoms, I say I have lots of sinus pressure, headache, runny nose, sneezing..she ask if I have a sore throat..no I tell her, she ask if I have had a fever, again I tell her no. So she pulls out one packet of something and tells me to take once in the morning and once at night, should help with the congestion she says. And then she ask about antibiotics, I say, well I don't know if I need those..she says, maybe small dose, so she pulls out a packet of antibiotics and says take twice a day as well, once in the morning and once at night, and then gives me some sort of tea and says to only drink this at night because it will make you sleepy. Again she ask if I've had a sore throat, again I say no and she says OK then these 3 things should do the trick! She rings me up and off we go! She also gives me a card and tells me if I should need anything else in the future to just call and they will deliver to our apartment until 2 am! How about that, I have a pharmacy and a "clinic" all in the bottom of my building. I love it!!

And by the way, whatever she gave me I took when we got back up to the apartment, and I will have to say I feel less congested...not 100% better but I don't feel like my head is going to explode anymore! I think next time I will have to find out her name because I will definitely be going back to her and the pharmacy!!

Love,

Jennifer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you are sick, but drugs can be a "good" thing.... hope you are back on your feet soon! Love, Sandy