Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HOT!!

Hi all,

Have I told you all how hot it is here yet? I don't think I've ever experienced such heat. It is on a daily basis right now averaging around 110*, give or take a few degrees. Now you might say, oh but it's a dry heat. Well that would be correct most of the year but during the summer months, which also include September and sometimes October, the humidity runs over 60-70%. Today it was about 107* with 75% humidity. Which I've heard from some people that these temperatures haven't been to bad this year. Someone was telling me either last year or 2 years ago they had a stretch of days that were around 135*, I can't even imagine. He said no one was outside, you just couldn't be outside in those temperatures. Right now, you literally walk out and feel like you are in a sauna. All of our windows have that fogged over look from the condensation. When you walk out of a building or even get out of your car, your glasses immediately fog over! And talk about sweating, you could be standing outside in the shade and you are sweating. Right now it is hard to get cold water to come out of the taps in your house. I've gotten used to brushing my teeth with very warm water and hot showers (which in my opinion are a good thing). Most of the pools including ours at our apartment are chilled. Emma was at a friends house today and the friends mom was telling me their pool chiller had broke and their pool water temperature was at 100*, so they haven't been able to use it. Everyone tells us if we can just make it to or through October the weather gets absolutely perfect. Chilly in the morning and evening where you need sweaters and light coats and then by mid morning it's usually in the 80's! So until then you'll find us inside or inside the pool!

Love,

Jennifer

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog..... you are on such an adventure. The girls will always remember this for the rest of their lives. The "grilled cheese sandwich" blog is a classic - you should send it in to Reader's Digest! Keep your blog coming - Love Sandy

kristine said...

Love your blog too...Now that I know you have one!!!
This is Kristine. Remember me, I am the cousin that you used to go to concerts with. Now we occassionally go shopping and out to lunch. I was happy to learn you were still alive and surprised that you had shared your blog with everyone in the family except ME!!
kcurley@gmrlivepr.com just in case you forgot.
Sounds like being at the racetrack where the temperatures can reach more than 135 degrees when you are standing on the nice hot asphalt. Remind me not to come visit until after October next year!!!! Have pictures of the girls from NY. Can I upload them to this site? If so, how?